In the summer, moms like to make sure our toes look pretty and pedicured, but did you know there are several problems that start with our feet, especially in our children? Some of these can be painful, embarrassing, and make them walk awkwardly. They commonly occur in children and adolescents. The good news is, that there are treatments to the most common cases. But, why get there if we can prevent it, right?
Doctor Angela Drury, a board certified Podiatrist and Foot Surgeon, located in Austin, Texas, shared some wonderful information with our Little Roseberry families to help. I hope you find it useful as much as we did! Also, below are instructions for giving your child the best pedicure ever.
What is a Podiatrist? You may be wondering..
A podiatrist is a doctor that diagnoses, treats conditions affecting the foot, ankle and related structure of the legs.
If your precious child ever suffers from any of these conditions below, make sure you take action!
How to do a pedicure on children:
1. Wash their feet and scrub their ankles and knees with Little Roseberry Berry Shiny Body Wash. (One pump on a soft sponge is all you need.)
2. Make sure to clean between their toes to remove any debris left over from socks or dirt. Bacteria is not welcomed here!
3. Rinse any remaining body wash from the bottom of their feet to prevent accidents.
4. Dry their feet and carefully cut their toe nails. (I like to dress my son in comfortable pajamas to get him all cozy before doing this step. He is 6 and still gets a bit excited when he sees the nail clipper.)
5. Invest in a small nail file, make sure is a soft finish and gently buff the edge of their nails.
6. Apply Berry Silky lotion to the top of their feet and toe nails to hydrate their feet and give them the nutrients that their skin craves.
7. If your child suffers from eczema or dry skin, use the Soothing Creme to hydrate and repair.
8. And lastly, snap pictures of your precious loved one and post on social media with #LittleRoseberry
To contact doctor Angela, click on the information below.
Have a Berry Good Day and please share or comment below if you like our post this week. Also, let us know what else you would like to learn.
Made with Organic Aloe Vera Juice and Witch Hazel to promote hair wellbeing. Our Hair Gel for kids offers a gentle formula packed with vitamins to protect delicate hair. Our organic Hair Gel works for kids all ages! Light Hold Gel, perfect for the whole family!. Natural Hair Gel for men, that will not promote hair loss. 100% Toxin-free (No parabens, Sulfates), Vegan and cruelty-free. When we say fragrance and dye-free, we absolutely mean it! You won’t find any nasty chemicals that leave behind dry, greasy or sticky build up, as compared to other top name brands.